- In the event that movie shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal stats, writers want to demonstrate that permission happens to be acquired. if your consent that is patient had been given to the relevant article, you don’t have to offer this once more for the movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing web sites utilize. Usually they are standard choices from your own modifying pc software. an extensive guide is available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account from the Hightail internet site. Please are the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your movie has to be gotten because of the right time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Take note that in the event that you try not to properly label your movie or you skip the due date, this could cause delays in book of both your article in addition to video.
All movie abstracts will likely be evaluated for suitability by the editorial team and book isn’t fully guaranteed. In certain situations editors may request edits to your movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article online and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They’ve been posted underneath the exact same copyright terms given that associated article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can elect to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web page or colour that is online-only costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and programmes that are institutional view here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We strongly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. All research articles must include a Data Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs is supposed to be good for the entire research community.
Please find extra information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below specs such as the required article lengths, illustrations, dining table restrictions and guide counts. The phrase count excludes the title page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts should really be since succinct as you are able to.
For further support when creating your submission please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. Right right right Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and advertising your paper. You can also need to utilize the language translation and editing services given by BMJ Author Services.
In case your article is accepted you can easily make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a free of charge solution to assist you increase your article’s reach.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 words in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may periodically be produced for this, especially in the situation of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits of this instance for longer documents for a basis that is case-by-case but documents much longer than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly encouraged to see or watch the length that is recommended, as extortionate length may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the room limits of this log.
Writers ought to include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the investigation the following:
- What exactly is currently understood about this subject. in 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, maybe maybe not obscure.
- just What crucial gaps in knowledge occur with this subject.
- Exactly just just What this study adds. Within one or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward response to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand because of this research that people would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are faster variations of initial articles, must not surpass 1500 terms, and can even add one dining table or figure.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.
Letter research that is(original
Research letters designed for publication should always be at the most 500 terms, 10 sources, and another dining table or figure. Those responding to articles posted when you look at the log should really be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered into the text of articles. They ought to have name, a short techniques part, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which supply a conversation, analysis, or writeup on a subject that is particular. As a whole these ought to be 3500 words or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room restrictions.
This short article type is at the mercy of interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, often concerning a specific topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract with all the after headings: objective, data sources, study selection, information extraction, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports regarding the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms underneath the following headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start with a statement that is precise of main objective regarding the review. The main focus with this declaration ought to be directed by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or prevention. It will consist of information regarding the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or result that is being reviewed.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of information sources must certanly be provided, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of professionals or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In cases where a bibliographic database is utilized, the actual indexing terms employed for article retrieval ought to be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or individual topics).
- Study selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for detailed review from among studies defined as highly relevant to this issue. Details of selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The technique accustomed apply these requirements should really be specified – as an example, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The proportion of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements ought to be stated.
- Information removal – tips useful for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and legitimacy (such as for example criteria for causal inference) must certanly be described. The strategy through which the rules had been used should really be stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, must certanly be stated. Practices used to get these total outcomes should always be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes ought to be followed closely by self- self- confidence periods, if relevant, and exact quantities of analytical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with problems of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running attribute curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis will include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies ought to be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, outcome measures, follow up, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications should really be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain of this review. The necessity for brand new studies might be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 words or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.